Little JB's Transition Program
The Little JB Program at St John the Baptist Catholic School is designed to create a secure environment where your child can make friends and develop positive relationships with others as they transition to school.
This is developed in line with the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia - Belonging, Being and Becoming. The Little JB’s programme has been designed with the understanding that all children develop and progress at a different pace. Activities are set to direct and facilitate the children’s learning with learning outcomes listed below:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators.
The Little JB’s Program includes:
- The flexibility to choose from selected days of the week
- Opportunities to experience life at school, e.g. start and finish of a school day, prayer, recess, lunch, attending assemblies, library borrowing, Nature Play, Butterfly and Veggie garden
- Opportunities for lunch orders
- Development of gross and fine motor skills, letter formation
- Show and tell (oral language activities)
- Engage in social situations through play and group activities
- Learn about safe and unsafe actions through daily interactions.
- Establish a happy, safe and inclusive environment.
- Take turns, join in groups
- Follow routines
- Work with others